Experience Puff Puff in a new way in Every Decadent Bite:
A Symphony of Chocolate, Caramel In our quest to celebrate the timeless essence of Puff Puff and push the boundaries of a humble snack delight, we conceived the Puff Puff Chocolate and Caramel Truffles. This innovative fusion of traditional African flavours with a modern twist resulted in a treat that pays homage to its roots while inviting you to explore uncharted realms of taste.
While our recipe includes the irresistible combination of Puff Puff, caramel, and chocolate, feel free to explore your culinary imagination. Experiment with different flavours, add a hint of personal flair, and create truffle variations that speak to your unique taste, We made a cream cheese version to which we made into cake pops.
Ingredients: Yields: 5 Servings | Cook Time: 10 mins | Prep Time: 10 mins
• 250g Puff Puff | Bofrot | Mikate
• I cup of peanut butter
• 1/2 cup caramel
•1 cup milk chocolate
• Peanuts to decórate
Top Tips for Perfection: • You can use an ice ream scoop to make the same amount of dough into balls of the same size
• Chill the Caramel so its hardened and easier to scoop .
• Leave to chill overnight
• Make into cake pops by adding lollipop sticks
1. Using a food processor, crumble up the puff puff to fine pieces. until no large pieces remain.
2. Add peanut butter and mix until the mixture resembles wet sand but is not smooth.
3. Scoop a small amount of dough between your hands (you can use an ice cream scoop to make the same amount of dough into balls of the same size)
4. Flatten dough scope e a teaspoon of chilled Carmel into the dough
5. Roll the dough between your hands to form round cake ball. Covering the Carmel with the dough.
6. Place them in a large flat dish or plate.
7. Leave to chill for 30mins in fridge or 15 in freezer
8. Melt chocolate in microwave for minutes (microwave according to the directions provided on the package instructions)
9. Add chopped peanuts to to the melted chocolate
10. Dip the puff puff balls into the melted chocolate to cover it completely, then shake off the excess chocolate drip. one at a time
11. Sprinkle more nuts
12. Leave to cool Chill until set, about 10 to 15 minutes.